To enroll in MFA (SMS) please sign out, and sign back into your email in a web browser at https://www.outlook.com/nwfsc.edu
- Have a mobile device ready and be prepared to receive an SMS text message.
- After inputting your credentials you will see a message that states, "Your organization needs more information to keep your account secure."
- Click Next
- In the next screen, you will see a notice about "Additional security verification", where it asks, "How should we contact you?"
- Select "Authentication phone"
- Microsoft 365 will ask for your mobile phone number
- Please type out your actual mobile phone number.
- Afterward, an SMS message containing a 6-digit code to verify your device will be sent to you.
- Enter the code sent to your mobile device into the prompt on your screen.
- Select "Verify"
- From here on out, whenever you sign into a device, you will be required to verify your identity in two-steps. This will be done so by sending a code in a text message to your mobile device. Afterward, you are required to enter this code to continue.
*Please do not ever share your MFA verification codes with anyone.