What you need:
- Mobile Device
- Microsoft Authenticator App
To set up the Microsoft Authenticator app
- On your computer, open the web browser and go to https://mysignins.microsoft.com/security-info
- On the My Sign-Ins page, select "Security info" from the left navigation pane
- Select +Add Method
- On the Add a method page, click the drop-down list arrow and select "Authenticator app" and then "Add"
- On the "Start by getting the app" page, please ensure that you have the app installed and then select "Next"
- Using the Microsoft Authenticator app on your mobile phone, please scan the QR code, then choose "Next"
- After you click "Next" from your desktop computer, please note that it may take a moment to authenticate.
- If you receive an error, click "Back" and rescan the QR code.
- From your desktop, you will see "Notification approved"
- Click "Next" to finish